Search This Blog

Dec 21, 2010

Christmas decorations

We finally have our Christmas tree up and our nativity set out!  I kinda like waiting until the last minute to get everything up.  Of course, I'm also a fan of leaving everything up until at least the epiphany on January 8th, so it works to put up decorations later.  At work, we're planning to take decorations down on December 27th.  It makes me sad.  I like to see the decorations all through the Christmas season!  It helps keep me uplifted!

Now, there were some things that we set out earlier.  Some lights, stockings, and candle holders.  Here's what our set-up did look like, including two cups of hot chocolate on the coffee table.

Once we get the wood to actually start burning, the fire is pretty delightful.  No frightful weather though.

We now have our trees set-up.  I tried to do three different themes because there are three trees: one with our first Christmas ornaments, one with the ornaments I made for Josh last year, and the last one a conglomeration of everything...mainly gingerbread.

Close up of the gingerbread tree and the ornaments I painted for Josh.

Our tree!  At the top is the ornament that Josh just got me...its a heart with a poinsettia that says "Our First Christmas."  The M and the J are from the wedding shower my work gave us.  The snowman with our picture was a gift from Josh last year.  And the big one at the bottom has a bride and groom in the middle and says "We're Married" on the back.  That one was a gift from mom from Irish Acres.

And in the dining room I have set-up our nativity.  I tried to do some stacking and fabric arrangement (wanted to make Patrick proud) but I don't have many boxes, and I don't have any fabric.  But I think it still looks cute.  Jesus will be put in the manger on Christmas day (or as close to December 25th as possible since we'll be in Jacksonville).

Now our house is decorated for Christmas.  Just gotta get ourselves ready too.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks lovely!! That fire looks very cozy too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to come cozy up to that fire!
    and i bought those three trees at michael's on thanksgiving day. is that where you got them? i pulled a "mary johnson" and pnly spent $14!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fire makes the apartment VERY cozy. I never knew how much I would enjoy having a wood-burning fireplace. It's great.

    Taylor, I got those from my sister. I'm not exactly sure where she got them from, but I seem to remember her buying 3 trees from Trees and Trends in Bowling Green on one of her visits. But she has a bunch of stuff. With your thrifting, I should have shown you the Johns Bargain Basement while you were in Kentucky. mom and dad love yard-saleing and have a boatload of stuff in the basement. If we all ever end up there again, you should go through and see what kind of stuff you can find.

    ReplyDelete