Search This Blog

Dec 22, 2010

Baking and Smoking


This past weekend, Josh and I both got bitten by the cooking bug.  I made three desserts, and he smoked some meats.


I made cream cheese brownies, a chocolate pecan bourbon pie, and easy fudge.  I was really surprised with the fudge.  It was a really simply recipe and still turned out very good!  The rest was pretty dang good too.

I think Josh would agree that it was good.  When I told Josh what was in the pie, he reacted with "Ya'll will cook with some bourbon, won't cha?"  Yes, sir.  That's what I good Kentucky girl does.  :)

My plate.  MMMMM.  I like whipped cream, especially on top of that pie.  

Josh also got the smoker going which was amazing.  Honestly, that smoker was the best 70 or so bucks that we've ever spent.  It's a lot of work, but Josh enjoys it so very much.  And the smell...oh my gracious the smell.  That smoke just goes through the whole apartment complex, and it is heaven.

Top rack: Boston Butt and pot full of BBQ sauce (gives the sauce a great smoky flavor)
Bottom rack: chicken

Look at that chicken.  Yummy, yummy, yummy.

It didn't last very long at all.  Devoured!

No comments:

Post a Comment