Search This Blog

Dec 9, 2010

Publix

Today I made a quick shopping trip to Publix.  I was very happy with the deal I got on some makeup.  Crazy, me buying makeup, but I've been wanting to try some different blush and eyeshadow.  Don't think it will last, but it was almost free.  Time for pictures.


What I Got:
Chicken Breasts
Pork Loin
Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage


The Rest of What I Got:
Bottle of clorox
2 Covergirl eyeshadows
1 Covergirl blush
4 Renuzit air freshners (apple and cinnamon, yum)
6 Yoplait yogurts
2 packages of Pillsbury crescent rolls
2 packages Kraft shredded cheese
2 half gallons of Smart Balance milk
1 bottle Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
1 bottle Wish-bone Italian dressing
1 box Nutri-grain bars
1 box Betty Crocker cake mix and 1 can of Betty Crocker frosting
1 5 lb. box of clementines

Total before coupons/sales: 89.54
Total after coupons/sales: 50.49
Percent saved: 44%

Again, I bought everything on sale.  My savings simply from Publix sale items was 22.21.  I also saved 9.55 with manufacturer q's and 7.29 with store coupons.  I think I did alright.  I'm hoping to accumulate all the things needed to make Josh's favorite coconut cake, thus the cake mix and frosting.  I think we'll be set on milk for a while too.

I'm so tired, this probably isn't all that interesting.  But the other thing about the trip, I picked up a U-Promise card.  With this, I can upload "coupons" that I can use at Publix.  I'm still trying to understand exactly how it works.  I think you upload the coupon and then whenever I buy one of those items, the coupon amount goes directly into a Sallie Mae account.  Not sure that it will be worth a whole lot, but every penny counts!

2 comments:

  1. you amaze me! derek and i are so jealous of your savings.
    we went to khol's last night and bought four bath towels for $7 total (with coupons) and derek said, "we should blog about this to show mary johnson we can save money too". hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. That's great! Four towels for seven bucks is amazing, too! Department store shopping is a place I could use some lessons. I seem to always get tempted by full price things.

    ReplyDelete