Search This Blog

Dec 7, 2010

Drugstore Shopping in Kentucky

Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post, but I didn't have time to get any pics of what I bought.  Most of it was for Christmas presents, but I still wanted to blog about my finds. 

CVS

What I Got:
3 cans of Planter's cashews

Total cost before sales/coupons: 19.47
Total cost after Extra Care Bucks: $.64
I saved 97%

I was a little disappointed in this trip.  There were a few other things that I wanted to pick up.  Crazily enough, I really wanted to try Gas-X (TMI, I know).  I had great coupons and there was supposed to be a deal where you get 10 ECBs for spending 20 bucks worth.  Apparently, the Nicholasville CVS didn't get the memo, or I had bad information, not sure which.  Oh well, probably didn't need it anyway.

I do still have more than 14 bucks in ECBs to use on my next trip, too.  So things are still working pretty well.

Rite Aid

What I Got:
2 packages of Hershey kisses
1 Discovery Kids Play tent
1 Gillete Fusion razor set
2 pairs No Nonsense pantyhose

Total before coupons/sales: 43.74
Total after coupons/sales: 14.95
Percent saved: 66%

I was much happier with this trip.  The sale price on the tent itself was 14.99, so basically I paid for just that and got the rest for free.  I also have 9 bucks in +up Rewards to use on my next trip. 

Overall, I think my trips were successful.  I am looking forward to going again this week now that I am back at home with the stores I know and like.  Plus I have my printer for any other good coupons.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment