Search This Blog

Dec 22, 2010

Sunday of Couponing

Our life as the Johnsons is so very exciting.  Most days when I get home from work we eat dinner, watch a DVR episode of either Matlock or Jeopardy, do a crossword and jumble from the paper, and then go to bed.  Couponing is my excitement.  :)  This is our little married life, and I love it!

On Sunday I did another round of drugstore shops.  I was pretty happy with all the stuff I got, but I probably spent a little too much up front.

Rite Aid
Here's what I got:
1 Clearasil overnight wash
1 Clearasil acne control
2 Beanos
2 Gas-X Prevention (SCR)
1 Revlon nail polish
1 Loreal mascara (SCR)
1 Loreal lipgloss
1 Covergirl lipgloss
1 Uncle Ben's Rice
1 Cheerios multigrain
1 Cinnamon Toast Crunch
1 Tampax Pearl
1 Pez dispenser (stocking stuffer)
1 Benefiber (SCR)
4 Travel size John Frieda shampoo and conditioner (SCR)
2 boxes lightbulbs
3 12-packs of Coke products (not pictured)

Total before coupons and sales: 152.66
Total after sales and coupons: 42.14
Total SCRs earned: 11.00
Total after SCR: 31.14
Percent saved: 80%

It's pretty shocking to see the total amount that this shopping trip would have cost without sales or coupons.  There is no way I would have ever wanted to pay that much for the things I bought!  But saving 80 percent, I'm up for trying some of these items.  

The biggest issue is that I ended up with only 2 +Up Rewards for my next trip.  But the real secret is to break up each trip into multiple orders.  That way, if I earn some +Up Rewards, I can just turn around and use those again.  That's actually what I did on this trip.  And, the BEST thing about this trip...I found my own money maker, without using Southern Savers!!!  The Revlon nail polish I bought was on clearance.  I paid about 1.50 and it printed a 3 dollar +UP Reward!  Wonderful.  I actually went to another Rite Aid later and bought candy bars and another nail polish.  Paid .76 cents for 4 candy bars and the nail polish and I got 4 +Up Rewards back.

A couple side notes.  I actually went back to the Rite Aid where I had issues.  I know, crazy right?  I just went on a different day, and the lady was very understanding and took all kinds of time with me.  On my second order, my +Up Rewards didn't print.  So she took the time to find all the things that should have printed +Up Rewards and then gave me that off my third order.  And while we were trying to figure things out, I did step to the side so that she could also help another customer.  There was a line, and it's just kinda the nice thing to do.  An SCR is a single check rebate.  You can get money back for buying certain items.  All you have to do is go to the Rite Aid website and log-in your receipts.  I'll be getting a check back for 11 bucks.  And it's just a regular check...no need to use it on the next purchase or anything.

Final note, this purchase put me over the 100 dollars spent at Rite Aid this month (not really, they count totals before manufacturer's coupons).  That means I qualify for a 20 dollar gift certificate because of their Holiday Rewards Program.  Pretty cool stuff!  I do have to use the entire 20 dollars in one visit.  Gracious me, we're gonna need more storage space after that trip!

CVS

No picture (I put all of this stuff away before taking a pic, silly me)

What I got:
2 Aussie hair gels
1 Wesson vegetable oil
1 Toy Story band-aid (I'm kinda excited about this, because I'm still a kid)
1 Physician's Formula eyeshadow
2 packages Hershey's Kisses (as if I hadn't bought enough already)
1 Therma-care neck wrap

Total before sales/coupons: 41.22
Total after sales/coupons: 6.30
Percent saved: 85%

Pretty good haul.  The greatest part, I started with 11.95 in ECBs, and I still have 11.00!  Wonderful stuff.  Looking over my past trips, I'm really considering buying stock in Hershey.  I mean, I buy Hershey constantly.  LOVE me some chocolate.

I hate that I didn't get a picture of the CVS trip.  There's so much text and so few pictures in this post.  How about a little bit of Christmas spirit to add another image?  The other day listening to the Christmas tv station, we heard Mele Kalikimaka!  Made me think of Miss Emma and her dance recital, so we took a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment