Search This Blog

Dec 18, 2010

Last Trip to Rite Aid...at least that particular one

I really think I've gone a teeny bit crazy with this couponing thing.  I get so excited about figuring out the ways that I can save money, and before I go to the store, I'm very hyped up about finding things.  However, this last trip to Rite Aid was very disappointing.  I wanted to get three different items that would have been money makers.  Apparently, though, word gets around, and none of those items were left in the store.  Then, when I went to check out, the lady was pretty rude.  She also checked all my items and didn't understand stacking coupons.  It made me feel pretty awful, like she thought I was stealing.  She even wouldn't take a coupon I had, even though I know it would have been okay to use.  Oh well, there's plenty of stores here in Montgomery, so I'm just going to have to find another to give my business to, or shop on a day when that cashier isn't at work.

On to what I actually bought.  Overall, I still did pretty well with my savings...just not as much as I was hoping.

What I got:
1 Finish Orange Gel dishwasher fluid
2 Kellogg's cereals
2 Ghiradelli Chocolate bags
2 24-packs of Nestle bottled water (only 1 pictured)
1 Mott's apple juice
2 Halls Defense cough drops

Total before sales and coupons: 42.89
Total before coupons (sale prices) : 26.55
Total after coupons and sales: 5.65
Percent saved: 87%
Percent saved after sales: 79%

The coupon the cashier wouldn't accept from me was for 1 dollar off two 24-packs of Nestle water.  So, I would have done slightly better if she understood the stacking policy.  Still, it's okay.  I got a bunch of stuff for a little bit of money.  The regular price for the 24-pack of water was 4.49.  So you could almost say that I paid for the one package of water and then got everything else free.  :)

The other thing about this order, I now only have 3 +Up Rewards to use on my next order.  I really thought that I had more +Up Reward purchases on my list, but all of them were for items that I couldn't find at that store.  Another lesson for me, shop earlier in the week to get the really great +Up Reward deals!  I'm going to try to stop at Rite Aid tomorrow after church, the first day of their new ad.

I need to start posting this at the end of all of these, because I really should give credit where credit is due.  If you want to find great deals too, just go to www.southernsavers.com.  Jenny, the site moderator, uploads so much great information.  Whenever a new ad comes out, she lists every item that would be worth purchasing (meaning, it's a really great deal, not just a kind of good one) and she includes all the coupon matches.  You can make a shopping list right from the posts she does for the ads.  Then, find all the coupons either in the Sunday newspaper inserts or find the printables ones Jenny lists in the coupon database.  It really is great to know that I'm saving so much money for Josh and me.  And I want all of you to experience the same!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Which Montgomery Rite Aid did you go to? I love the one at the corner of Taylor Rd and Atlanta Highway. They never give me any trouble about my coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually went to that one. I liked it too, until this week. That cashier has always been a little sassy, which I kinda liked. But this time I had more coupons than I normally do, and I just felt like she thought I was trying to be untruthful. I might just try going on another day.

    ReplyDelete