Search This Blog

Apr 27, 2011

Our house - It's coming together.

Back in February, we put an offer in on a house and we got the keys in March.  (I think I'm remembering all of this correctly, but this year has gone by so quickly, my timeline might be off.)  Now it's April and the house is slowly coming together.  Here's some of our latest pictures.


The family room.  We're attempting to set-up the surround sound, so the TV is sitting in a different spot than normal.  We painted all of this ourselves too!

Another view of the family room.

Intended as a dining room, but we're using it for our new piano!  Also hoping to add a couple chairs and maybe a small table to this area.

Bar and kitchen area with our dining table.

Kitchen.  Still working on the area above the cabinets, and I'm definitely open to some suggestions!

Laundry room.  Guess I could take that Energy Guide sticker off the washer, huh?  :)

The forth bedroom.  Still some unpacking and organizing to do in here.  We did not paint this room.

The other part of the forth bedroom with my click-clack couch.  Such an inventive thing.  You can click up the sides to make armrests and click down the back of the couch to make it almost a full size bed.

Our bedroom.  The only other room we didn't paint.

Josh's dresser and my prayer corner complete with a papal marriage blessing and the rocking chair from my Uncle Chester.

My dresser.  Should've tried a little harder to keep the flash out of the mirror.

Master bathroom.  The biggest change here is that paint color.  It's now blue!

Master bathroom again.  Painting bathrooms really is not very much fun at all.  So many corners and obstacles.

Guest bathroom.  Also painted blue.

Back bedroom.  This is currently the remainder of the unpacking effort and a staging area for the yard sale we'll be having this weekend.

Another view of the back bedroom.  It's a mess, but hopefully we'll sell a bunch of this little stuff.

The view of the second bedroom.  At first I called this our UK/Bama room.

But, as you can tell, it's really more the Alabama room that has a blue comforter.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have a clock over the mantle like Mom!
    Where'd you get that piano? I love that you and I both have one!
    Bathrooms are deceivingly horrible as far as painting goes--you think they'll be easy because they're small but all that cut-in work is seriously painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh really liked that clock when we registered. And I love it because it's not a tick-tocking clock! I got the piano from the mother of a woman I work with. She wanted to get rid of it because she can't read music very well anymore. So we brought it to a good home!

    ReplyDelete