Search This Blog

Apr 27, 2011

A Tale of Three Stores

**Note: I put this together a number of weeks ago, and just now got around to uploading the pictures.  Play along and let me know your guesses!  :)**

One of my favorite things about couponing is playing the "guess how much" game with Josh.  Whenever I come home, I spread everything out, take a picture (for the blog, of course) and then ask Josh how much he thinks I spent.  He does really great at obliging me too, because I know he guesses higher than he really thinks, so then I always feel great!

So I want to play a little game with you guys this week too.  I went to three different stores this week (well, four really, but the Walgreen's trip was just for Diet Mountain Dews, so it really wouldn't be that much fun in this game).  Below are the pictures of my trips with the store name listed.  Then I've listed the prices I paid with the percent saved, but not in any particular order.  You tell me what you think I spent at which place.  (I know, I'm dorky, but this is how I get my kicks.)  :)

A. Winn Dixie

B. CVS

C.Publix

Three prices:

1. 27.79 - saved 57%
2. 38.03 - saved 32%
3. 40.29 - saved 55%

My trip to Walgreen's was another 14.53 with a savings of 38%.  Total I spent 120.64.  Rough week on the wallet.  I did have an overall savings of 47% (calculated with tax).  Still, so not too shabby. 





4 comments:

  1. Sorry to leave you all hanging on this one. Here are the answers:

    A3 - Winn Dixie was 40.29
    B1 - CVS was 27.79
    C2 - Publix 38.03

    By the way, is there anyway to set-up blogspot so that you get an e-mail everytime someone posts? I have to do better with keeping up with this thing!

    ReplyDelete