Search This Blog

May 17, 2011

Couponing brings out my stubborness

Before I get to my Friday finals, I have a short story to share.  This past week, I left an entire cart of groceries at a store.  I'm not really proud of this fact.  I had written a long story to give all the details, but really, I think I just need help in keeping my cool when a cashier won't allow me to use coupons the way I think they should be used.

So, anyone have some suggestions for a girl who is very stubborn and gets highly frustrated when plans don't work out?  I would greatly appreciate them, because if I would have simply asked for a manager, I might have ended up with a good amount of items for a good price.  Please, let me know what tips you have for dealing with the little frustrations of couponing..

Moving on.  I did get some great deals at Publix and at Rite Aid this week.  Here's what I got.

Publix
1 Hunt's ketchup
2 Mahatma rice packets (money makers!!!)
1 Knorr Chicken flavored noodles packet
3 Mentos gum
2 Edy's shakes
1 gallon milk
1/4 of watermelon
1 bag of salad
2+ lbs of ground chuck (poor chuck)
2 boxes Toaster Streudel
1 roast
1 loaf of bread
2 Scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaners
2 boxes of Ziploc sandwich bags
2 Kraft Homestyle macaroni bags (excited to try these out)
1 Publix aluminum foil
2 boxes Kellog's Special K cereal

Total before sales tax: 49.64
Total value of all goods: 80.72
Saved: 39%

Rite Aid
1 box Viactiv chews
1 package Uncle Ben's Ready Rice (money maker!!!)
1 Finesse shampoo
1 Finesse conditioner
1 Orbit gum
2 4-packs Gatorade
2 Tylenol Precise
1 box Tampax

Total before sales tax: 4.31
Total value of goods: 54.70
Saved: 92%
+Up Rewards earned: 5.50 and a 125 pt wellness shopping pass worth 10% off.
Also on receipt - do survey to receive $3 off $15.

All in all, I'd say I had two really great trips and one bad experience that was mostly negative because of my own impatience.  Looking forward to my next trips to Rite Aid and CVS because I have a good amount of +Up Rewards and ECBs now, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment