Search This Blog

Oct 15, 2011

Michael's - Under $20.00

My second post in as many days!  Something must have gotten into me!

Since I've started "hard-core" couponing, I really enjoy scouring the clearance sections at stores.  And because of pinterest, I'm getting a ton of crafting ideas.  Which leads me to my Michael's trip today.  I've found the best way to save money at Michael's is to sign-up for their e-mail list.  I think you can do this one their website.  If not, the sales clerk is supposed to ask you when you check out if you would like to sign-up, and it really is a quick process.  Wait for them to e-mail out a 20% off everything coupon and also take a couple of the 40% off one regular price item coupons - just in case there happens to be something full price that catches your eye.  Honestly though, so much of what they have is on sale, it can sometimes be difficult for me to find something I want even with a 40% off coupon.

Here's my stash from today.


Two cute scarecrows on stakes.  This will go out front under a group of trees we have (or they might be the neighbor's trees.  They're really close to the property line and we're just not sure).  On sale for 3.99.  I already have the brother and sister to these guys in the house sitting on a shelf.  


5 cupcake liner sets at a buck a piece - snowman, Santa, wreath, sled, and Halloween
2 cranberry colored ramekins for 99 cents a piece - so excited to make some goodies in these!
1 ceramic elephant for 79 cents - will spray paint this guy for a wreath idea
2 bags of jingle bells at 1.49 - is this a good price?  no idea, but they will be used for Christmas crafting
1 package of 3 footballs for 99 cents - also for the wreath
1 blue canister - only a penny!!!

Later, I'll share some inspiration from pinterest and what I hope to do with some of these craft items.  For now, it's time to be a tom boy, go eat some BBQ, and watch football!



2 comments:

  1. So happy to have posts to read again so keep 'em coming!
    As far as if that's a good price on jingle bells (you know me, the jingle bell expert ;), I always compare to Dollar Tree. I usually go there first and then hit Michael's or Garden Ridge or whatever. You do have to compare cost/unit, of course, but if it's a general item like this they sometimes carry them. The easiest way is to get to know the best Dollar Tree around you so you have a better idea IF it's something they would carry or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to give you something to read! For some reason, I always forget about Dollar Tree. Thank you for the reminder! I think there is one almost across the street from the Michael's in Prattville, so I will need to check there for future craft shopping trips! Maybe they'll even have a clear "spaghetti" holder that I can use for my cupcake holders!

    ReplyDelete