Search This Blog

Sep 16, 2011

CVS - Under 5 bucks

I had $4 ECBs that expired today and another $5 ECB from the Beauty Club at CVS (spend 50 on beauty products, get 5 ECBs - sign up at the CVS website).  That worked out to make a pretty good deal for me on this shopping trip.  And for once, I only stopped at one place!!

Here's what I got:
1 box RepHresh feminine products
1 double-pack saline solution
2 packs Ziploc sandwich bags (1.00 man q)
1 St. Joseph aspirin (1.00 man q)
1 package of Skittles (already in hubby's belly at time of picture taking)

Total before coupons and sales: 25.64
Total after coupons and sales: 3.48
Percent saved: 86%
Total out of pocket (includes sales tax): 4.78
ECBs remaining: 2.00

I'd say it was a pretty good little stop, mainly for stock-pile items.  But Josh was completely out of contact solution, and I will soon need more sandwich bags for taking my lunch.  I broke this up into two transactions - used my 9 ECBs on the tampons and contact solution, got 6.79 in ECBs back.  Bought the aspirin and sandwich bags, but I had to buy something else in order to use all my coupons and the 6.79 ECB.  So I got a little treat for the hubby, too!  

I've really been slowing down on my drug store shopping here lately.  Rite Aid and Walgreen's can both seem like too much work, sometimes.  And our stockpile of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and deodorants is getting pretty large, so I only buy more if they are free or next to free.  Might make for some good donations here soon, too.  

And can I just say, I'm so ridiculously excited it is the weekend.  I plan to sleep very late on Saturday (which is basically 8 o'clock for us) and then enjoy a relaxing day, ending with a UK victory over the Cards.  GO CATS!!!

1 comment:

  1. So this is totally random and I think we met maybe once or twice at WKU but -- I saw this and it made me think of your blog

    http://www.onsale.com/deals/cvs-pharmacy-gift-card-30-savings

    a CVS $10 gift card for $7

    ReplyDelete