Search This Blog

Nov 28, 2010

Shake Your Money Maker

I have been waiting ALL weekend to post about my latest shopping trip.  I will have to blog about Thanksgiving, too, but I was so excited about my drugstore stops this week!  CVS and Rite Aid were BIG into the Black Friday event, so big that the sales actually started on Thursday!  So my Thanksgiving morning started with a stop at Eucharistic Adoration then the drugstores.  :)

Let's start with Rite Aid.


Here's what I got:
2 4-pack Cottonelle double roll toilet paper
2 Multi-grain Pringles
2 packages Hershey's kisses
3 Dove candy bars
1 bottle Got2b Hairspray

Total spent: 1.18

Honestly, on this one, I'm not even worried about figuring out the percentage saved.  I paid a buck eighteen.  Who cares about percentages?  I was so happy.  And the crazy thing is, the hairspray was supposed to be free, but I'm pretty sure I still ended up "paying" full price for it.  I accomplished this by having manufacturer's coupons for all of the items, plus a store coupon for the Hershey's kisses.  I added onto that a save 4 off 20 Rite Aid q and 9 dollars worth of +Up Rewards.  I'm thinking about taking my receipt back to see what happened with the hairspray, but not sure that I will have time to make it over there.  Plus, I didn't go to the Rite Aid I normally shop at.  This one seems to be a little rougher when it comes to coupon policies.  But if they do happen to give me my SCR (which I think stands for scanned credit at register, but not sure) then that means this was actually a money making deal.  Plus I earned another 5 bucks in +Up Rewards!!!

Now, we get to the big one...the CVS trip.


Here's what I got:
2 boxes Froster Mini Wheats (the last two that I saw in the store!)
5 King size candy bars
3 Reese's bars
1 Herbal Essence conditioner
1 Gillette deodorant
1 Organic conditioner
1 Eucerin lotion
1 Organic hair gel

Grand Total: 4.26

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL FOLKS...  Look really closely at the Organic conditioner and hair gel and you will see the money maker!!!

That's right, both the conditioner and the gel have mail-in rebates.  That means we'll be getting back 9.98 once I get the rebate together!  AND I also have 19 bucks worth of CVS Rewards to use on my next purchase.  Needless to say, I was pretty excited on Thursday.

I think the best part for me was getting home, setting everything out on the table, having Josh guess how much I spent, and then seeing his reaction.  We were both definitely surprised that I made money off the CVS purchase, but I think the magnitude of his reaction was much greater than mine.  He's even been telling his friends, and we shared all this with family over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Now if I can only make enough off CVS and Rite Aid to actually pay for all the true Black Friday shopping that I did....

1 comment:

  1. Good news on this Rite Aid trip. I will be getting my 4.99 SCR in the mail! So I actually made money at both places. :)

    ReplyDelete