Search This Blog

Nov 17, 2010

CVS and Rite Aid

Pictures are forthcoming, I promise.  I was just very excited about my purchases from the drug store last night and wanted to go ahead and get the information up.

CVS

Here's what I got: 
Aussie gel
Fiber One bars
Oral B electric tootbrush

Total before coupons: 29.98
Total after coupons: 8.48
Tax: 2.90
Total percent saved: 71.8%

I also left the store with 18 dollars worth of Extra Care Bucks to use on my next purchase.  Plus, I received a coupon for 4 dollars off my next purchase of 20 bucks or more.  So if I go in there needing 22 bucks worth of stuff next time, it should all be free...except for sales tax.  That 10% will get ya here in Montgomery County.  To me, this was a very fun trip.  Even though we didn't really NEED an electric toothbrush, I know that Josh likes those, and honestly, when else are you gonna find one of those for 3 bucks?

Rite Aid


Here's what I got:
12-Pack Charmin
4 12-Packs of Diet Mountain Dew
2 Betty Crocker mashed potato mixes
1 Nivea body lotion
1 Herbal Essence gel
1 Colgate Total toothpaste
1 Colgate 360 tootbrush
1 4-pack Colgate wisps

Total before coupons: 40.96
Total after coupons: 25.46
Tax: 4.00
Total percent saved: 38%

I'm not gonna lie.  This one disappointed me a little.  I really did think I was going to be saving a lot more than I did.  I realized once I got home, I bought the wrong kind of Charmin bath tissue.  It should have been 4.99 on sale, but instead I paid 9.99.  I'm going to try to take it back and get that 5 bucks.  That would bump up my total savings to 51%.   (I'm calculating the total saved before taxes...you have to pay taxes on the full amount before coupons.)  I also got 9 bucks in +Up Rewards to use on my next purchase there.  And once I buy the correct toilet paper I should get a few more.

Josh is still adjusting to me going out and buying stuff like this, and he's doing a wonderful job of keeping me grounded.  I will not be buying any shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, or toothbrushes again any time soon.  We have so much of it now! 

Couponing has become another reason I am really excited about getting a house.  We'll actually have some cabinet space so I will have a place to put all the stockpiled food!  Ah, what a glorious day that will be!  As long as I can keep from driving my hubby crazy with all the stuff.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment