Search This Blog

Jan 18, 2011

A Couponer's Nightmare

How's that for a catchy title?  :)  I feel that captures what happened to me today...but maybe it's only a nightmare of mine.  As I was putting my coupons together, I realized that 5 dollars worth of +Up Rewards that I had earned had expired!!!  All that planning and other couponing, and I simply let 5 bucks go to waste.  Rite Aid rewards normally expire quickly, but I had 4 +Up Rewards that didn't expire until February.  I thought they all printed with the same expiration date.  Oh well, lesson learned.  On to the goods!

Publix
(sorry for the sideways picture)
What I got:
Bottom Round Roast
1 bag Breaded Chicken Breast filets
1 pack Johnsonville sausage
2 Country Crock sideitems
Venus Embrace Razor
Gold Delicious Apples

Price before coupons and sales: 48.71
Price after coupons and sales (sort of): 37.10
Percent saved: 24%

After looking at my receipt, I'm gonna have to call my store about this one.  The Tyson chicken breasts were supposed to ring up at half price but didn't (normally 9 buckaroos).  Plus, I had a save 5 bucks on your purchase coupon and that didn't ring up.  When I brought this home and told Josh he said "what happened?"  Now that I've looked at things more closely, I know.  I'm going to call over there and see what I can do.  I'll let you know how that turns out. 

Rite Aid 
What I got:
2 boxes Frosted Flakes
2 boxes Rice Krispies cereal
2 32-ounce Tide
1 8 count Bounty
1 12 count Charmin
2 Crest toothpastes

Total before coupons and sales: 76.45
Total after coupons and sales: 16.66
Total saved: 78%

Woo hoo!  A great trip to Rite Aid for me.  I love saving this much.  It even surprised Josh.  At first, I set out everything except the 2 Tides and the toothpastes and asked him how much he thought I spent.  He guessed over 20 bucks, even before adding on the detergent and toothpaste!  The nightmare of course is that I could have saved 5 bucks more.  That would have made my percentage 85 saved.  It's okay though.  You can't dwell on things like that.  It's a lot of stuff that we needed and we got a great deal on it.  Plus I have 10 +Up Rewards to use next time!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment